Additional Terms and Conditions
SMART WiFi Service ("SMART WiFi Service") is provided under the Terms of this Agreement in conjunction with this Attachment. The provisions below set forth the responsibilities to install, maintain and support SMART Wi-Fi Service.
Configuration and Installation Services: Altice Business will provide SMART WiFi Service configuration and installation as follows:
- Service Description: Altice Business's SMART WiFi Service is a turnkey wireless data network service that enables Customer to extend its network at their location. SMART WiFi Service provides a technologically advanced, fully managed and reliable wireless network that eliminates the challenges of Customer's implementation and management, while reducing capital expenditures. SMART WiFi Service includes:
- the ability to extend Customer's existing networking infrastructure;
- support for multiple SSIDs that provide secure and separate wireless LANs;
- fully managed equipment (controllers, switches, access points) covering all software/firmware upgrades and break/fix management and coordination;
- system staging (equipment pre-configuration and testing);
- system installation (equipment mounting, cabling, connections as required);
- on-site "go live" support (connecting to Customer's network and authentication systems, Customer training on systems operation and portal usage);
- 24 X 7 SMART WiFi Network monitoring; and
- Customer portal (reporting, trouble tickets, moves/adds/changes).
SMART WiFi Service is designed, configured, and installed based on Customer's location-specific conditions. All related equipment in the provisioning and ongoing maintenance of SMART WiFi Service remains the property of Altice Business. Customer is not permitted to move, dissemble or change any hardware or software pertaining to SMART WiFi Service.
- System Design and Implementation Overview: Altice Business will conduct the following activities during the course of design and provisioning SMART Wi-Fi Service:
- Questionnaire and check list to outline requirements
- Configuration and Installation of SMART WiFi Service
- Hardware sourcing and staging
- Installation and cabling
- Roles and Responsibilities:
- Altice Business responsibilities:
- Gather Altice Business SMART WiFi requirements questionnaire
- Gather AP count with placements and infrastructure required
- Customer responsibilities:
- Complete Altice Business SMART WiFi requirements questionnaire
- Travel by Altice Business to any location outside of 75 mile radius of New York City if needed will incur additional travel costs that will be quoted at time of survey
- On-site support of Customer environment
- Troubleshooting of existing wireless issues
Ongoing Support of SMART WiFi Service: Altice Business will perform remote monitoring and management of the implemented SMART WiFi Service as set forth below.
- Staging and Configuration - Altice Business will receive and stage the equipment prior to delivery of equipment to Customer location(s).
- On-Site Installation Services - Altice Business will perform on-site installation services at each Customer location to include, if applicable, one or more of the following services as required:
- AP mounting, wiring and configuration
- Switch configurations for required POE switches to support ONLY wireless network
- Testing and validation
- Basic guest access configuration
- Start of Service - Billing will begin upon installation of the first device on a per location basis.
- Locations are non-union and do not require prevailing wages. In the event a location requires the use of unions or work must be performed at prevailing wages in accordance with law, appropriate pricing will be addressed in the SOW.
- Location is prepared with rack space for all required equipment.
- All installations are indoors. Outdoor installations may require additional resources and costs.
- Per diem fees are associated with SMART WiFi Service for travel by Altice Business to any location outside of 75 mile radius of New York City and will be quoted separately.
- All work is based on all work areas being accessible and ready during normal business hours Mon-Fri 8:00am-5:00pm.
- All work areas are assumed to be asbestos free.
- Quantities are limited to those specified in this Agreement only.
- Standard office conditions apply including sheet rock walls and drop ceilings not to exceed ten (10) feet in height.
- No riser work included in the quotes.
- Core holes will be billable if required through floors.
- No electrical work is included in the quotes.
- No conduit work is included in the quotes.
- If after hours cabling work is required, rates will need to be adjusted.
- Work not requiring special equipment (e.g., hoists, harness, ladders in excess of 8 feet, etc.).
- Customer is responsible for all end user support and end user devices. Altice Business will not provide helpdesk support for end user devices.
- Customer has to have/order Optimum/Lightpath or Suddenlink internet service.
- Altice Business responsibilities:
- Supplying, terminating and running Cat5 cabling to specified AP locations.
- Mounting of AP with manufacture provided AP mounts.
- Rack, cable, and configure new dedicated wireless network switches.
- Customer responsibilities:
- Ensure configuration of existing network and security infrastructure.
- Ensure adequate space, power, and cooling at each location for new wireless equipment.
- Exclusions - Configuration includes data for SMART WiFi Service only and excludes any Customer requested site configuration.
Service Location Transfer: If the customer moves to a different location, we will terminate the current service without charge and restart the contract at the new location. This will result in a truck roll charge of the same fee as an installation charge per AP transferred.
Service Downgrade: If the customer requests a downgrade on the number of AP's after the initial installation, this will result in a truck roll charge of the same fee as an installation charge per AP removed.
Non-Returned Equipment Charge: Customer will be charged an unreturned equipment fee of $450.00 for each AP and $450.00 for the Switch if they are not returned within 30 days after billing has been stopped.
- 24 x 7 Monitoring with Access to User Interface - SMART WiFi Service will be effectively monitored with alerts on all monitored devices on a 24 x 7 basis.
- Customer must provide Altice Business at least two (2) hours advance notice of a change in Customer's site configuration that could potentially change the state of connectivity of the equipment covered in this Agreement.
- 24 x 7 Support - Customer will have the ability to open tickets 24 x 7 with Altice Business's Network Management Center by calling 866-611-3434.
- Exclusions - Customer is responsible for all end user support and end user devices. Altice Business will not provide helpdesk access to support end user devices.